Village Development Plan
East Devon District Council – Village Development Plan
East Devon District Council has started preparing a Villages Plan. This will set out detailed policies for certain villages including Upottery. The plan will set out boundaries for future development, identify land to be allocated for housing and possibly other uses and any other relevant policies. The Villages Plan will need to show where 5 new homes can be built in Upottery by 2026.
In Upottery only one site has been suggested and the site is shown shown on the map below.
The Parish Council is seeking the views of local residents on issues including:
· Is this the preferred site for housing development?;
· The need/possible locations for other types of development;
· Suggested changes to the defined ‘Built Up Area Boundary’ (within this line new development is usually acceptable in principle);
· Any areas that need special protection; and
· Any general comments on the future planning of Upottery.
A meeting will be held at The Manor Rooms on 16 October at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome to attend and Parish Councillors will be available to deal with queries. The Parish Council will send a report to East Devon District Council early in November setting out the preferred sites and issues raised.
If you want to have a say on the future of Upottery now is your chance to get involved. We hope to hear from you soon!